This week I had the pleasure of giving a presentation at one of the Business Start Up Workshops at Stirling Enterprise. It was great seeing and meeting motivated people who have the courage, determination and focus to start a new business especially during times of general economical uncertainties.
Congratulation to all the attendants for being proactive! Stirling Enterprise offers this great series of four workshops for Start Ups and I can only recommend to everybody who is thinking of starting up a business, has started already or needs further ideas and guidance to get in touch with STEP or Business Gateway. The courses are held monthly and are free of charge.
Through my experience as a Professional Organiser and working with young, established and growing businesses I am aware of the demands and pitfalls companies have to face. And this knowledge sparked the idea to get involved in the workshop ‘Personal & Business Planning’. Many new companies or businesses neglect or are unaware of the importance of paperwork for the success of the business. One common feedback I receive from clients after finishing an Organising and Streamlining the Office Project is: ‘Life would have been so much easier and less stressful if I had started my business with your help, guidance and recommended organising systems.
To raise the awareness of the importance of administration my presentation covered the areas
A. Motivation
B. Paperwork
C. Time Management
We discussed the significance of external and professional support. How to stay focused, motivated and succeed. What value does goal setting have and can networking and associations help you to move forward. Which roles do family and friends have and how can they help or hinder.
What is necessary to set up an office from stationary to technical and office equipment? How to stay on top of paperwork? Be aware that paperwork is as important as your core business. It can be looked at as the spine of your business. If you neglect your paperwork you can cripple your business.
And last but not least the well documented and favourite topic of many training consultants: Time Management! You can find many books covering this great subject and in almost all of them you will find the key words: Prioritize, Delegate, Plan & Organise. I love this topic and believe one of the most important realisations should be: Time can be spent, it cannot be saved. The aim is to utilize the resource of time for maximum result.
I look forward to my next presentation and to seeing many motivated entrepreneurs.
Should you like to get more info please get in touch.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment